Five Facts About Me

It has been two weeks long since my birthday. Time flies so fast, cliche but true. I hardly noticed that the flowery month is already due its ending; this means hello-dear-ole-rainy-season! Well, I miss my blog and here's a "selfie" entry to refresh my sullen page.

Every now and then I do self-check. It's not enough for me to be me because I always have the burning need to know myself deeper. I stumbled on a blog where someone wrote five facts about herself. Good idea. Why not write some matter-of-facts about myself to revive my solitary blog and to check if I really know myself. So ta-da! Here it is:

  1. Maldita. Yes you read it right. You have to thank my mom or hate her for my mean genes. She is my role model on being maldita. In our family, we were taught to be strong and to defend ourselves in times of disturbing and cruel situations. As the seed, I attentively listened to every maldita lesson and very well learned every maldita skill there is from my clan. Everyone in the Rio Casa blood is mean when provoked or when the situation calls for it; otherwise, we all are harmless if you may believe. *wink*
  2. I hate anything ugly. I love to be surrounded with everything beautiful because it radiates positive vibes and uplift my mood. Who would want anything ugly? Certainly not me! I love being around with beautiful people inside-out, pretty places and faces, vibrant energy, and soothing aura. Anything ugly, I despise and dispatch. Pretty faces allure me and how I wish the world is filled with immaculate beauty so that there would be no room for insecurities and criticisms (very ideal, Jamie). Quite obsessive aren't I?
  3. I want everything neat and clean. Yes. OC problem. Ever since I took up nursing and studied microbiology and every little thing unseen that can cause illness and death, I became obsessively and compulsively clean and neat. At home, I never want anyone to step in the house with footwear on except for house slippers. The soles of our shoes accumulate so much dirt from every square inch of walkways. People who unsuspectingly have Tuberculosis may spit along the road and you may step on it unknowingly and transmit the bacteria to your home. Ahhh! Thousands of horrific bacterial stories that blow my wits and creep my nerves! I am not the type who washes hands a thousand times a day but I just feel the need to wash my hands many times a day. You wouldn't want to read countless stories about my OC problem so I'll just stop here (not to mention how OC I am with bathrooms and toilets). Bottom-line: nothing dirty and disgusting and we're in good terms. :)
  4. Masungit. Not really that I am a snob, but it depends on my mood. I am a little bit of introvert and I usually enjoy alone times more often and I prefer not to be disturbed when my brain is juggling important thoughts. No one should make fun of me or scowl at me when I am in foul mood or when I am preoccupied with my thoughts. Just saying something that doesn't harmonize with my ears may cause you my fiery, volcanic, and abominable wrath. Just imagine my eyes burning and smoke belching from my nose. I know how evil it is.
  5. I possess a very soft heart. I admit that I am never righteous. I am nowhere near it. I am mean and hateful and evil but I confess to having a very soft heart. My heart easily melts at the tone of mercy, by hearing a sad and touching song, seeing a wretched man struggling to survive, feeling the woe of someone distressed, at the sight of a happy child or a poor old woman begging for alms, someone asking me for my sincere forgiveness, God's unending love -- all of these touch my heart and break it into pieces. This goes to show that everyone has their own bright and dark sides. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment