New Year 2015

(There is so much I want to write right now and my heart is restless to let out and transform all these feelings into thoughts but I don’t think I can.)

Another year is ending. This is what life is all about, right? It is always a cycle of endings and new beginnings with inevitable surprises.

Such is life.

Despite the madness of life, I am full of gratitude to the Most High for this year. It was indeed a cliche roller-coaster ride. A lot has happened that tested my will, faith, and perspective. As I mature, I realize that challenges keep on coming – it is inevitable but it always coerces me to a game face.

Who likes to be out of their comfort zone? Take me out of the list. But I really appreciate that God pulled me out of my safe box to hone me and make my faith grow stronger. For every unfortunate event that happened to me, God made my heart more courageous and understanding.

I did not resent these unwanted events; instead I became thankful – really thankful and grateful. True enough, we get tough if we are faced with challenges. I can say I am braver now than I am before. I learned to trust God in everything and see to it that everything happens for a reason which is according to His will and purpose. I may have experienced hurt and betrayal, highs and pains, but God used these polarized emotions to prepare me to face all the injustices in life.

I appreciate that I had to burn to be able to shine, that I had to experience pain to see that there is joy beyond suffering, that I had to bear weight to strengthen my endurance, and that I had to be lost in order to seek the right path to God.

There is so much to be grateful for and this New Year is all about gratitude. I am so ready for new challenges because I know God will uphold me and will never abandon me. He is with me through it all. All praises and thanks to my gracious Father in Heaven for continuously changing my life and especially for loving a wretched person like me.

I commit this year to my Heavenly Father and I hold dearly to His promise.

John 16:33
"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


Happy New Year! J

0 comments:

Post a Comment