Nostalgia 2012


The first day of the New Year.

I would like to join the hype of nostalgia and reminiscence by blogging about it.

Year 2012 is indeed an amazing, unexpected, fun, good, tough, exciting, and surprising ride for me. Looking back, I am proud of the milestones I have reached. The beginning of my 2012 did not begin well. I was sick and weak. I just came back from the hospital with the diagnosis of Gastroenteritis with Mild Dehydration + Amoebiasis which I got from eating a preserved pandesal from 711. That was the worst holiday ever recorded in my entire life. Because of that incident, I had sworn that I would make 2012 an absolutely good year. Indeed, God is good for He healed me from my illness and made me healthy.

After recovering in a month, I have incessantly pondered and worried my life for the next six months. Every waking day, I worried sick of what will I become and that I am not getting any younger. I was a mess and all I could think of was my ambitions and unrealistic goals.  I thought about pursuing my nursing career – seeking every opportunity to consummate my hard-worked education. I sought and scrutinized everything in the web about different nursing opportunities – desperate and frustrated.

Just when I thought I have found a closer match, I enrolled myself in a free education of Medical Transcription in the American Academy of Medical Transcription and I was able to pass the exam that heralded me a certified transcriptionist. What did I get? – Nothing but the skills and acquaintances. I never had the chance to hone my skills. I was offered with a lot of MT jobs, I was able to pass all the exams and interviews, but my pride kept blocking my way telling me that I deserved MORE, I deserved BETTER.

I rejected the job offers for the MT and applied as a Behavioral Therapist for special children. At first, I thought that I could do the job. Honestly, I only love cute and chubby toddlers and I do not like dealing with children. I was making a fool of myself, making myself believe that this job is for me when in fact, pediatrics is not my forte. I undergone training and I was a favorite because of my excellent communication skills. I have signed the contract and then suddenly, I had the change of heart. The contract bounded me for two years and if I terminated the contract, I would be sued and coerced to pay 100k. I pre-terminated the contract. It was a whirlwind – the administration was bugging me non-stop by calling and texting nasty messages that they almost ripped my sanity. Every legal issue pertaining to contract bonds, I know, are not strictly enforced. There is no Philippine law that could prove it. They can proceed with suing but they need to pay the expenses of legalities which are very costly. This rationale made me braver and undaunted with the threats and legal letters that I received. In time, they stopped bugging me realizing  that they are only a small-time company and they do not have enough funds and that they cannot get anything from me.

I was very much relieved. Finally, I can have my peace.

After this incident, I finally realized that I should stop pushing myself into something that is not for me. Being sick and tired from all my worries and desperation, I rested my case unto God. Everyday, I pray and surrender everything to Him, that He is the author of my life and that His will for me should be done and not mine. I understood His love for me in a way I could not explain.

From then on, I laid myself to rest and woke up at peace. Waiting patiently but not worrying. I held on to God's promises that He will provide everything as long as we abide to Him. I am a Christian and my faith is very firm. I believe in God's promises and Word and I will not be swayed.

After months of patiently waiting, by June, I got a job offer as an Analyst for a research work. I was very much delighted because it is a work that is medically related 
 my education is finally used. Super thank You Lord. I could scream from my lungs all day. I started my first day at work on July 2 and up to this day, I am very much contented with my job and with my colleagues. I even went into a holiday vacation with them that made my good year-ender.

I have gained many acquaintances for the year 2012 and I am very thankful for all the wonderful people who have come and go in my life. I am thankful for the friends who still remained to be loyal. I am dearly thankful to my old friends, college friends, colleagues, and acquaintances.  Moreover, I am thankful that me and my family stayed healthy this year.

I am also grateful to God by blessing me with two part-time jobs for the year 2012: my online business and my freelance writing job at the BMN Sky. Haplessly, I lost the latter for the company has to close down due to financial issues. Even at a short time, I fulfilled my burning passion in writing. I was even heralded as one of the best writers and I thank God for giving me this amazing talent.

I had been broke and broken in the early quarters of this year but God made a happy ending for my 2012. For this new year, I want to be a better person and it is only possible with God. I want to achieve the mastery in the art of photography. I want to be a better daughter, sister, and friend. I want to pursue what my heart wanted for so long. I know I am yet to find my path but I would wait patiently in God's loving time.

Happy New Year everyone! May each of you be blessed with prosperity and good health! 

Hebrews 13:5 - Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment